Email these posts to me!

Enter your email address if you'd like these weekly posts sent directly to your inbox! You'll be sent a confirmation email with a link inside so be sure to look for it (possibly in your spam folder).

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, July 13, 2009

Our First Work Day!



Two days and 930 miles later, we finally made it. But those two days on the road were nothing compared to our first day of work!

Our students were eating breakfast by 6:45am! After a morning worship service and a tour of the facility, we were off and running. We had students working on the machines, out in the field, and even packing soup mix (a first for us).


We finished by 4:30pm and then we all headed for the pool! Tonight they are going to spend some time explaining what they do during the Mission Moment.

-Jen Easton


Here's one of our Shepherds (student leader):

Today was our first full day of work! My favorite station was probably the inspection line aka slime line, that's where we pick out all the rotten fruit. Everyone was singing and playing games as we worked. I'd say today was great first time experience!

-Janna

5 comments:

Susan Brinkman said...

Hey, Jen and the whole gang! It is good to hear that you had a good trip down and a good first day.

Jan, thanks for giving us parents the information sheet before you left. The amount of detail was great! Thanks also for the twitter updates. I talked to a number of moms at church Sunday night and we were all diligently waiting and watching for the next update. It made us feel like we were there - although I'm sure the kids are glad that we're not. :)

Hang in there and keep up the good work. We are praying for you.

Susan B.

P.S. Say hi to Lizzie.

Unknown said...

Hey everyone at Gleanings!!
I miss all of you sooooo much!! I am going to be reading your guys' updates every day!! I REALLY wish I was there with you guys!!! Please say hi to everyone for me Jen!!
Thank You!

Unknown said...

I love u Janna!!

Unknown said...

I just learned about this blog and what a great idea! Thank you Jen...sounds like an amazing time for everybody, I know each heart will be changed!

All my prayers and give Ben a hug for me.

Liz H.

Unknown said...

I am STILL so jealous of all of you!!!!!