Email these posts to me!

Enter your email address if you'd like these weekly posts sent directly to your inbox! You'll be sent a confirmation email with a link inside so be sure to look for it (possibly in your spam folder).

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Life of Mike

Yesterday was one of those days that make my heart smile. The work day was long and hard but At the end of the day we had processed more fruit than any other group had processed all summer. I am convinced it was because our group was on the job. On numerous occassions I found myself working a portion of the line between some high school kids from another group and a couple of our middle school kids and our kids totally outworked the older kids. Parents, your kids are working hard.
After a hards day work we hit the pool for some water polo. I played on the girls team but I don't think they really needed me because the girls destroyed the boys. The highlight for the guys was luke's length of the pool shot right past my balding head!
But if I had to pick the best part of the day I'd have to choose the evening. We finished the day by spending a little solo time in the peach fields. I shared with the students that God is constantly calling out to his children but we're often to distracted to hear his gentle whisper. The students then simply went for a quiet prayer walk and listened to the whispers. When they returned they shared what they heard - "stop wandering on the rocky road and walk on the smooth trail" - "let go" - "I care about you" - "keep your focus on me". I then encouraged the students to take a chance a go on more prayers walks...and they did! Ten students got up (on their own) at 5:25am and went on a prayer walk. When I got up for my quiet time they were coming back from their time of prayer.
Like I said, it was a great day... We worked hard, played hard, and prayed hard..... Now I need a nap!

1 comment: